Content Engineering - Client Services Lead & Trainer
[A] seeks a client-facing Content Engineer with experience crafting intelligent content structure for multi-channel marketing, leading complex client services engagements, and training others on the value of semantically rich content.
The role will involve work from both your home office as well as a client location.
The Content Engineer will participate in, or lead, client services surrounding customer experience management and personalization, training, and consulting engagements.
We’re looking for a candidate who can lead engagements involving communication across multiple organizational silos, bringing together IT, marketing, and operations to affect strategically critical digital change. So, we’re looking for Content Engineers that are not only analytical practitioners, but also able to communicate, orchestrate, and teach.
As a Content Engineer, you will work directly on project deliverables. You’ll define content structure, metadata, content reuse planning, taxonomy, and other content relationships. This includes syndication strategy, search engine optimization (SEO) factors, semantic web schemas, and implementation planning for the CEM / CMS platforms such as Sitecore, Adobe, Kentico, and Episerver.
You’ll work as a leader, and [A]gent as part of a larger team solving client problems and providing excellent client service.
The role of the Content Engineer is key to success for any complex content-centric project involving content production and software system development.
- As a Content Engineer you are responsible for:
- Leading client discovery onsite, gathering details and organized data about the current state and desired future state
- Educating and formally training clients on the value of intelligent content, workflows around Content Engineering, and related topics meant to build a client’s internal resources and capabilities
- Defining strategic opportunities for clients’ use of semantically marked up content, coupled with enabling software
- Bridging the gap for clients between content strategy, the CMS platforms, operations, and other customer experience technologies
- Structuring content through building content models, taxonomies and metadata definitions
- Collaborate on information architecture and UX prototyping
- Determine schema strategy and structural rules
- Map integration points and work with software engineers to build detailed requirements
- Define workflows and author experience
- Create intelligent content, personalized to client experience
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated
- Collaborate well across distributed team
- Exceptional writing, facilitation, and communication skills
- Experience with content models, taxonomies, schemas, adaptive content
- Comfortable with speaking in public
- Comfortable with enterprise or institutional clients and environments
- Exposure to marketing software, and customer buying lifecycle concepts
- Experience with Content Management (CMS) and Customer Experience Management (CEM) Systems, (e.g. Adobe, Sitecore, Kentico and others).
- Experience as a DITA architect
- Experience building personalized content for various audience segments
- Experience with technical SEO
- An understanding of the Semantic Web, its history, state, and potential futures
Cultural Fit at [A]:
- You love learning, you love teaching.
- You are constantly growing our own knowledge, and helping to grow the knowledge of others.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you.
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better.
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind-the-scenes.
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well.
- You work along well, but communicate within a team very well and are able to send update, track time, and other forms of communication while you work.
At its simplest, [A] is a distributed technology consulting company that focuses on content engineering and content management systems integration. We simplify complex technology for agencies and institutional clients. We focus content engineering and content technology, but our agents are multi-talented and get called upon to deliver consulting, application development, architecture and strategy.
[A] is team of intelligent agents made up of smart people with many roles and no titles. We are analysts, programmers, developers, architects, content strategists, strategic consultants, data scientists, producers, marketers, writers and communicators.
We work from home offices in the US, Mexico, Latin America and occasionally from other parts of the world.
More available at simplea.com
If this sounds like you, then write up a cover letter letting [A] know why you want to work at [A], what you do best, and what inspires you. A great cover letter will say much more than the resume (though we'd like to see that too).